When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ficelle bike info(pics)

-
I have a Ficelle in a taller Mixte frame. It is a really nice rider. I tried to do some research on it when I first picked it up. I think early 70’s. I came across one thread that claimed they were made in Belgium, despite most think they originated from France. Nice find, enjoy the ride!
Thanks Bikerbluz,Roll On

-----

Regarding the cycle's frame -

tubing - we have established that three main tubes are Vitus. possible that blades and stays may be Durifort. in this closeup image of a Bertin bicycle from the same era as our machine we can see the Durifort marking in the left seat stay. also visible is the ALGI seat binder bolt - what the Ficelle would have worn originally.

2my4wep.jpg

possible that frameset's steerer may carry some information such as a date, serial number or tubing mark. one possible tubing mark is that of NERVOR.

lugset is NERVEX Serie Legere Professional Model Nr. 49/162

fork crown is Vagner Nr. DP

bottom bracket shell is Gargatte Freres

pump pegs are NERVEX Nr. 845

unable to identify dropouts. another manufacturer who employed this model was Lejeune-Sauvage.

the seat stay cap employed is one available to all. one other manufacturer who used it extensively was St. Etienne.

-----

-----

Interesting that the mixte has MAFAC brake levers and calipers yet has a CLB front hanger.

Look forward to additional imagery.

Frame made with NERVEX Serie Legere lug pattern 45/159 & Gargatte Freres bottom bracket shell.

Nice that it came with alloy wheels. Steel is the more typical on mixte models.

-----

Last edited:
I just came home with the bike. This one is white with light blue pinstripes...and drop bars, just like @bikerbluz said his has.

I'll start a new Post tomorrow with a bunch of photos, but I can tell you this...excellent condition, ALL ORIGINAL...right down to the dried out Hutchinsen tires. :)
The attached photo was one from the Craiglslist listing, where I also purchased the Raleigh Grand Prix I posted yesterday.

00202_3kSzYATZ8B6_1200x900-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Rollonby7474,

Yes, that Ficelle almost certainly came from Island Cycle Supply. I sold quite a few of them as a teenager with a small basement shop I ran in the late 70s/early 80s. The gold one looks like the one my father had and the Suntour shift levers and Weinmann rims match what I put on his bike. These Racer bikes all came with sew-up tires and so most of them were replaced with more normal style wheels/tires/tubes before I sold them. I have one Ficelle Racer as well in white and one mixte in a light blue color.

Back