When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Fifty Years of Schwinn Built Bicycles-book-orig/boxed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Zipcode
I was there when the books were found , we opened the door on the 4th floor office on des plaines st.and the stack was revealed, I have a rare book I got out of Ignaz Schwinns desk Before the desk was sold, I am thinking of putting it on deal or no deal , . There is writing from Ignaz in it . The schwinn library was given to me , it has taken over 30 years to sell the books , this is the only one ,I have kept , . It came from the 2nd drawer on the right side of the desk . Both people who could authenticate the book have passed away, so believe it or NOT,! Desk was sold to Bob Harton, for 750.00 ,Bob sold it that weekend to Jim Dickie for 7,500, the good Ole days !View attachment 1538263
Post it up Walter!

Yes Sir, I am going to take some photos of the book . and let it rip . It is a book with gilded edges from 1889, there are some great images and or engravings. I saw a copy on Ebay about 3 years ago , sell for about 550.00 ,I think, also a 50 years of Schwinn book that came from the big stack , in the office on des plaines st. I have the vice and a micrometer from Schwinn research and development that will be on dond, thanks for the interest

@bikebozo
Walter, do you know, what the story is on all those paintings of the old motorcycle building?
I had heard that it was a similar story, that they were found in storage, when everything was being cleaned out.

There were stacks of art work in the room , most were enclosed in wooden crates for storage, Possibly it was the art work you are asking about . There was not any motorcycle items on view at the museum , except for the Excelsior and the motorcycle books and magazines , and a book of stock certificates from Henderson and Excelsior , the certificates were never issued because it was a closed company , I have' an Excelsior certificate and a Henderson example , I sold 1 of each 20 years ago for 500.00 each , if I remember correctly . I will sell the last 2 that I have if any one is serious . It is something that there might be 5 known in public , I do not know what happened to the certificate book . Jim Hurd told me to get whatever I wanted and I did .

Thanks, @bikebozo Walter!

This is the artwork that I’m referring to.
There were a bunch of these floating around the hobby for awhile, but they seem to have dried up now.
My guess is, that they probably came out of one of those crates.
Thanks for your insight from times gone by.
Really appreciate it!

I do not recall seeing this example , not even at the Hindman auction . I would have got 1 to keep and 1 to sell ,if they were ever around the museum . I had a Overman Wheel Co. Factory piece , and I hAve seen a POPE . I think they are called lithographs.Paul Grimshaw and I went into that building before it was demolished, I tried to get them to save the winged wheel art from the sides of the buildings . It was like a runaway train during those cycle history times!

Back