When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filling skirt guard fender holes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Imo this is not really time/cost effective to do this nor easy. Think about it you're filling maybe 12 small holes per side... 24 different holes to weld, smooth and de warp. Your metal guy would need to be very competent to achieve a flaw free job. There are some other ways to do it...with epoxy base & bondo surface for intstance that are less invasive but still time intensive. I've only seen the welding method done in folly or desperation if the original rear fender is unobtainable. Much easier in most cases to source a correct non skirt guard holed fender.

Here is an example of this having been done, looks like they gave up!!

Those fender holes were filled by a very competent Cabe member.

that would be a simple job, even with a mig. those who lack the experience with thin metal can use a copper backer to put on the back side of the weld. the weld won't stick to the copper making it easier to fill the hole.

I've never used a tig, but that would be the best way to go. less heat, and less to grind

Those fender holes were filled by a very competent Cabe member.
Mike I didn't say the job was incompetent. I said it looked like they gave up on the project. And it was shown more as an example of the technique. Btw since you are familliar with this person and job maybe you could ask them how much they charged to do it? In the future I'm going to start bowing out of giving an opinion on these kinds of threads because there's always somebody that says it's so easy and cheap to get a good result when it's not.

Back