When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Final resting place for Bicycle moguls

-

wasp3245

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello all

The past Sunday was the first time Graceland cemetery was open for bicycles to roll through .... found a few cycling names buried there .....Featherstone ..the man who brought the pneumatic to America ...and Spaulding who had his own line and stores ...but was able to bring Overman to his knees when their marriage went south . A bit further north at Rosehill Cemetery ..found Schwinn ..( Rosehill is not open for bicycles to pedal through) ..this was a special exception .... I'm sure with time many more cycling names could be found at both places.

Cheers Carey
IMG_6449.JPG
IMG_6450.JPG
IMG_6458.JPG

Judging from the green verdigris on the panels, the front of Col. Pope's tomb appears to be all bronze. If permission were granted, it would be nice if those panels were polished up to a shine by a new generation of Wheelmen as an act of appreciation to such a great man as Col. Albert A. Pope who left behind such a life changing, enduring, and wonderful legacy. I'm sure others would disagree.

Wow!
Hallowed ground for sure.
I would've loved to pay my respects to such great members of cyclings past.
Maybe leave a crankset or two, as a token of my appreciation.

Back