When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally! A perfect replacement fork for my childhood '69 Panther after a 1973 wreck...

-
What are your plans for the old fork? Thanks and RideOn... Mark..
Over the course of time in between the time I got the bike until the 1973 wreck, I have impacted things several times with the bike, then straightened out the fork about 3 times. I was a young preteen and teen with this bike and a bit of an inexperienced rider. I really believe this fork is not safe to put on another bike, as it could possibly have stress cracks from having been bent and straightened about 3 times. Thinking about scrapping it except for the bearing race and chrome fork crown. I therefore cannot sell it for liability reasons.

If you think your aches and pains are bad now, wait until you’re 75. I’ve felt your pain; wait till you feel mine! 👴🏻
I can wait. Mine are bad enough. I'm still allowed to p*ss and moan about the aches and pains I got if I want, though.

Over the course of time in between the time I got the bike until the 1973 wreck, I have impacted things several times with the bike, then straightened out the fork about 3 times. I was a young preteen and teen with this bike and a bit of an inexperienced rider. I really believe this fork is not safe to put on another bike, as it could possibly have stress cracks from having been bent and straightened about 3 times. Thinking about scrapping it except for the bearing race and chrome fork crown. I therefore cannot sell it for liability reasons.
Hang the original fork on the shop wall as a reminder of what was some of the finer times of your youth! 👍

Back