When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got my Prewar TruSport Camelback....??? is, who made it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Crazy8

I live for the CABE
Would love to know who made it.
Front tire actually holds air. Rear, is wobbly and doesn't hold air. Tires aren't that bad. A little dry rot cracking on the edges, but plenty of tread on them. Seat is in amazing shape, but does need a nut in the back. Paint should come out really nice as seen by the photo of the serial number. Stencils were painted on top of the blue paint and look to be dried out and slowly cracking away. Handlebar is a little out of whack, but it can be straightened. Stem is nothing special. Fenders are a little beat up in the back, but fixable. Looks to have had a hanging tank on it at one point, and the drop stand is no longer there. With my shoulder issues, it will be a slow clean up, but she should come out really nice. Will probably be looking for a drop stand and hanging tank in the near future to complete it.

I'm just outside of Philly and this was sold at a Philadelphia Sporting Goods store, so it's staying with me for a while.

Questions...
Who made it?
Estimate on the year?
How do I clean the wood clad wheels?
Skip tooth chain has a nut on the master link? Is this odd?
Should I wax the stencils and leave them be, or touch them up, let it dry, then wax the stencils?

Serial number looks like V37989

20141029_134307.jpg
20141029_134655.jpg
20141029_134643.jpg
20141029_134610.jpg
20141029_134558.jpg
20141029_134537.jpg
20141029_134517.jpg
20141029_134446.jpg
20141029_134433.jpg
20141029_134705.jpg

Last edited:
Snyder?

The stencils and some of the frame details look very similar to a Rollfast I saw recently, so maybe H.P. Snyder built? I am not much of an expert on balloon tire stuff, but I like camelbacks and you have a very nice on there. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! Harris/Snyder it is. Will be posting photos here as I clean it up. Any help would be great. ?'s in the OP.

Just picked up...

Found this on CL in OHIO and the guy shipped it out to me, $21 shipped!
Since it's a Rollfast, I thought it would be nice to have something say Rollfast on the bike. Original Yale Key too!

Rollfast lock 2.jpg
Rollfast lock 1.jpg

This guy has some really nice non bicycle stuff and very low priced. He's willing to ship, but doesn't take Paypal. I'm sending him and MO on Monday. He shipped without payment. Very cool old guy.
http://sandusky.craigslist.org/for/4754874263.html

Attachments

• Rollfast lock 1.jpg
    Rollfast lock 1.jpg
    797 bytes · Views: 194
  • Rollfast lock 2.jpg
    Rollfast lock 2.jpg
    827 bytes · Views: 201
Kindling

Something about that bike and finding the nice old man from (marblehead) Sandusky with the lock and key.

Last edited:
That bikes looks like it'll clean up very nice. dang, it's been slapped around on the crank and fender and yet still looks good.

I have a set of gothic McCauley fenders I can't identify which bike they went too. However, I have managed to narrow down the time frame they were made because of the brackets and type of fenders.

I've been estimating 1935-7 on my fenders, and the brackets on mine are the same as yours.

So, a few hits on 1935 and 1934 I finds one frame identified as 1934 H.P. Snyder. Looks like identical frames except this other simply has a lower cross bar.
http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?11743-FS-1934-H-P-Snyder-frame-set
SH104267-1.jpg

Would love to know who made it.
Front tire actually holds air. Rear, is wobbly and doesn't hold air. Tires aren't that bad. A little dry rot cracking on the edges, but plenty of tread on them. Seat is in amazing shape, but does need a nut in the back. Paint should come out really nice as seen by the photo of the serial number. Stencils were painted on top of the blue paint and look to be dried out and slowly cracking away. Handlebar is a little out of whack, but it can be straightened. Stem is nothing special. Fenders are a little beat up in the back, but fixable. Looks to have had a hanging tank on it at one point, and the drop stand is no longer there. With my shoulder issues, it will be a slow clean up, but she should come out really nice. Will probably be looking for a drop stand and hanging tank in the near future to complete it.

I'm just outside of Philly and this was sold at a Philadelphia Sporting Goods store, so it's staying with me for a while.

Questions...
Who made it?
Estimate on the year?
How do I clean the wood clad wheels?
Skip tooth chain has a nut on the master link? Is this odd?
Should I wax the stencils and leave them be, or touch them up, let it dry, then wax the stencils?

Serial number looks like V37989

View attachment 176359View attachment 176367View attachment 176366View attachment 176365View attachment 176364View attachment 176363View attachment 176362View attachment 176361View attachment 176360View attachment 176368

Back