When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finders, Keepers.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

blackhawknj

Look Ma, No Hands!
One thing I have noted in my bicycling experience is how much I find. Just today, 2 watch caps and a solitary left glove. The watch caps will go into the laundry and eventually to my church's "warmth tree" next winter, the glove will go in my glove collection. I have several pairs of mismatched gloves, for strictly utility use-in the tool box of my car-a mismatched pair works fine. And I have found several pairs. I found a BDU field jacket lying in the street a few years ago, a little cleaning up, works fine, since I am a retired Army Reserve officer I feel I am entitled to wear it. Found tools, screwdrivers, pliers. Found two men's wallets-yes, I returned them. And I have found bicycles, two looked long abandoned, they cleaned up nicely, one I sold, the other made a nice gift. The nice one, I kept my eye on for six weeks then rescued it ( a Trek),posted notices, asked in my bike club- no responses, sold it for a nice profit.

I ran a used bicycle biz for years, I picked up countless bikes from streets, alleys, Scrappers etc.

My rule was if it has been serviced recently IE readily rideable there was something fishy.

I started a FB group (still going strong) called the RVA Stolen Bicycle Forum to keep folks on the same page.

Called the police on myself quite a few times on the suspicion a bicycle I had was stolen. The REALITY is that if there was no police report the property is not considered stolen by police and they will not receive that property.

Long story short, try to be a good person but don’t leave bicycles to rot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All over town I have seen a lot of abandoned scooters on the sidewalk; and they look brand new, sometimes rows of them.
I was thinking of relocating them to the more desolate part of the city where I work.

You joking?
If not, look up “dockless scooters”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my area it isnt
wise to stop and take something you think is abandon. Good way to get held up or beaten and sometimes arrested.

All over town I have seen a lot of abandoned scooters on the sidewalk; and they look brand new, sometimes rows of them.
I was thinking of relocating them to the more desolate part of the city where I work.

We used to have a sarcastic font (Comic Sans) @chitown worked it well. Perfect font in situations just like this.

Back