When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding good homes for my collection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is the place to discuss your collection if I understand your post correctly.
my opinion is that's a tough list to sell.
Figure an Each dollar amount on the wholesale (Cheap) end of the scale equals total $$
Put it in your local Craigslist with list and price.
Just my opinion.
Thanks for the suggestion -- yes, you understood my question. It looks like my best option is to sell them individually. Work to do now in figuring out the selling price for each one.

I really want to see the 1961 Schwinn Black Phantom! (They stopped making them in '59)
Oops! I used https://bikehistory.org/serial-number.html to look up the date, and they gave back "1961" from the serial number: H146851. I should have known that wasn't right, but I was just mindlessly creating the list. Using a more reliable lookup, it looks like it was built on March 15, 1951.

BTW, there's another typo on my list -- the Indian Scout is not made by BSA -- just another embarrassing typo...

40 years of collecting and you have 16 bikes? What are you holding out on us? Photos would be nice :)

40 years of collecting and you have 16 bikes? What are you holding out on us? Photos would be nice :)
Sorry to be so secretive! OK, photos attached (although I will take better photos before actually putting them up for sale). Although I started collecting 40 years ago, I haven't really added any to my collection for about 35 years :) They have just been sitting.... I welcome additional advice and/or inquiries....

IMG_4240.JPG

IMG_4241.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4251.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

I'm all over that paratrooper :hearteyes: my wallet is burning.

Wanna buy it for my paratrooper who came back from Iraq... Though I may have a hard time sharing it with him.

He said he jumped with Humvees but never a bicycle.

Last edited:
I'm all over that paratrooper :hearteyes: my wallet is burning.

Wanna buy it for my paratrooper who came back from Iraq... Though I may have a hard time sharing it with him.

He said he jumped with Humvees but never a bicycle.
That's great! I haven't set the price yet, but I will let you know when I do.

Sure looks like a ballooner. Only ballooner produced in 1961 was a Wasp. Someone must have built this.

img_4240-jpg.jpg

As noted in an earlier reply, “1961” was an error. This has a serial number from March, 1951– H146851. Sorry for the confusion

Back