When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finished preserving my Dayton find tonight

-

wspeid

Finally riding a big boys bike
Thanks to everyone who answered my endless questions and offered advice!

IMG_1886.JPG
IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_1881.JPG
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1880.JPG
IMG_1884.JPG

Now I just need to find a tool bag and a place to showcase it inside the house.

Bill

Last edited:
Thank you!

Oh, more like this!

IMG_0319.jpg

Good thing I took photos to refer to before I took it apart. Maybe I should have taken them facing upside down from the same perspective I was putting it back together.

Thanks again.

Reactions: JLF
Thanks to everyone who answered my endless questions and offered advice!

View attachment 87041View attachment 87038View attachment 87037View attachment 87039View attachment 87036View attachment 87040

Now I just need to find a tool bag and a place to showcase it inside the house.

Bill

It looks like it came out great. I remember your PM about this project and I think you went the best route of all. As nice as it is to have nice, new plating, it seems out of place unless you do the rest of the bike entirely. For a preservation like this, I think there's no shame in bare metal. That's the condition and age of the bike through its natural state. I'd be too tempted to ride it to leave it without tires, but that's just my preference. Nice bike.

I'd be too tempted to ride it to leave it without tires, but that's just my preference. Nice bike.

I agree with Mike, I'd want to ride it. If it were mine I'd probably find a second set of hubs & build a second set of wheels (700c) to ride on keeping the original wheels intact for show.

Back