When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIRESTONE CHANTE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HDCOWGLIDE

On Training Wheels
I have a Firestone CHANTE womens bicycle that was bought new sometime around 1963? I has been stored in my garages since new and seems to be all there but, needs cleaning,etc. I can'ty find any information or any type of serial # on the bike. It is all white including seat & grips with chrome fenders, original Firestone whitewall tires (flat and I haven't even tried to see if they hold air). I dug it out while cleaning out garage and plan to clean it up soon. Has some light surface rust on chrome fenders & bars. It has a pair of chrome shifter paddles mounted to stalk, How many speeds I don't know? My mom hardly used it, ever? What do I have/who made it for Firestone, and where do I find its' serial #? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will add a picture when I get to clean it up?

OK, I took some pics, not cleaned up at all. I did find some serial ? #'s on the left side rear frame above the axle. See pics, any information about the year & model would help? I no nothing about old bikes?

What do I have? Is this something I should consider restoring? I imagine it would be considered an antique, right? Thanks for any info or thoughts.

DSCN9837.JPG

DSCN9840.JPG

DSCN9844.JPG

DSCN9848.JPG

DSCN9846.JPG

DSCN9862.JPG

DSCN9863.JPG

Looking like a ‘80s 10 speed. I wouldn’t spend any money on it unless you are keeping to ride. A decent set of tires will cost more than the bike is worth. V/r Shawn

OK, I'll just spend some time cleaning it up and see if I can find tires that will fit it. They are 27" and skinny. Thanks, I thought it had been stored in the garage lot longer than the '80s. Thanks for info.

Hey, thanks for that info. I actually had 2 ROSS bikes for my boys back in the early '80s ( one was stolen when my older son took with him when he moved to New York city and my younger one still has his). I live about 10 miles from their old factory. I guess it is worth keeping as it should qualify as an antique? It is all complete, I just need to replace the tires and clean it up. It would be great if it was made by ROSS locally.

Back