When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FIRESTONE CHANTE

-

HDCOWGLIDE

On Training Wheels
I have a Firestone CHANTE womens bicycle that was bought new sometime around 1963? I has been stored in my garages since new and seems to be all there but, needs cleaning,etc. I can'ty find any information or any type of serial # on the bike. It is all white including seat & grips with chrome fenders, original Firestone whitewall tires (flat and I haven't even tried to see if they hold air). I dug it out while cleaning out garage and plan to clean it up soon. Has some light surface rust on chrome fenders & bars. It has a pair of chrome shifter paddles mounted to stalk, How many speeds I don't know? My mom hardly used it, ever? What do I have/who made it for Firestone, and where do I find its' serial #? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will add a picture when I get to clean it up?

OK, I took some pics, not cleaned up at all. I did find some serial ? #'s on the left side rear frame above the axle. See pics, any information about the year & model would help? I no nothing about old bikes?

What do I have? Is this something I should consider restoring? I imagine it would be considered an antique, right? Thanks for any info or thoughts.

DSCN9837.JPG

DSCN9840.JPG

DSCN9844.JPG

DSCN9848.JPG

DSCN9846.JPG

DSCN9862.JPG

DSCN9863.JPG

Looking like a ‘80s 10 speed. I wouldn’t spend any money on it unless you are keeping to ride. A decent set of tires will cost more than the bike is worth. V/r Shawn

OK, I'll just spend some time cleaning it up and see if I can find tires that will fit it. They are 27" and skinny. Thanks, I thought it had been stored in the garage lot longer than the '80s. Thanks for info.

Hey, thanks for that info. I actually had 2 ROSS bikes for my boys back in the early '80s ( one was stolen when my older son took with him when he moved to New York city and my younger one still has his). I live about 10 miles from their old factory. I guess it is worth keeping as it should qualify as an antique? It is all complete, I just need to replace the tires and clean it up. It would be great if it was made by ROSS locally.

Back