When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Cruiser Identification?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PeterScherer

Finally riding a big boys bike
I went prowling in a gentleman's barn today and wound up purchasing 3 new bicycles; one of them is a Westpoint brand Muscle-Bike and I really don't need it, but the other two are Firestone-badged men's bicycles!

The first one is an Orange and Black CWC model I believe (based on the rear-axle flanges and set-screws).

IMG_1013.jpg
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg

It has a New Departure rear hub, J.C. Higgins speedometer, false-tank insert, skip-tooth sprocket/chain, and rear rack. Serial number on the bottom of the crankcase is: 178-9-9A7

The second bike appears to be a Firestone Super-Cruiser style frame.

IMG_1017.jpg
IMG_1018.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg
IMG_1028.jpg

I'm unsure of manufacturer, but on the bottom of the crankcase is a tag; the Model # is 180-1-9A57 and the Serial # is A1037646

I've been into bikes for a long while but only ever owned Schwinn's and such; so I'm wondering what years/models these two are? I'd also like some price estimates on their value since I can't find any similar examples on ebay, forums, or classifieds.

Thanks in advance for the help, I know that if any crew can identify these, it'll be The CABE!

~Peter

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

my bad I didn't realize both were firestones. the one with the tank is a late '40's Huffy.

Are you sure? The serial number doesn't match any of those on that thread. There's no "H" in the number and I'm 100% positive that the Serial # is 178-9-9A7 (including the dashes, they are ALL stamped in that order).

~Peter

Okay, I'll look tomorrow for a serial # on the seat clamp; I knew to look on the rear drop-out but the # being on the clamp would be a new one for me. :) Thanks for the help!

~Peter

Serial # on the seat clamp is: 9H357754, based on 37fleetwood's serial # thread, that makes it a 1949 model Huffman. Pretty cool and my oldest bike so far! :D

Back