When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Cruiser

-

dave429

I live for the CABE
Wondering if anyone can help narrow down the year of this Firestone cruiser? I only have these pictures so can’t provide a serial number. Did they make these without the headlight, tank and rear rack?

432E466F-CD34-4A24-98C8-FAF4EA0EC8CB.jpeg

EAFCE96F-5B84-463B-8B15-865F8D374291.jpeg

64948356-09A7-46D8-915D-475080431234.jpeg

A9E75497-3EB1-4A08-97D4-5F919FFF0534.jpeg

Would probably have come with rear rack and tank. Definitely Monark built. Early 50’s is my guess.

Really think, this was a base model Monark/Firestone. Looks like the main liberties that were taken with the bike is bars and neck. If you will notice, front fender never had a headlight mounted, the frame being painted with the accents means it didn't have a tank. Not sure about rack, since it is a headlight delete, could have been a rack delete as well. If it did have a rack, more then likely it would have been the Rocket style. Early 50s.

Really think, this was a base model Monark/Firestone. Looks like the main liberties that were taken with the bike is bars and neck. If you will notice, front fender never had a headlight mounted, the frame being painted with the accents means it didn't have a tank. Not sure about rack, since it is a headlight delete, could have been a rack delete as well. If it did have a rack, more then likely it would have been the Rocket style. Early 50s.
Thank you for the correction. I am glad to have learned something new!

I'll have to look at a catalog tonight but I believe the bike may be legit as-is. This is a base model bike that never had any of the deluxe equipment. V/r Shawn

Yeah, narrow handlebars and grips are the only things that concern me. Stem looks like what I've had on other Monarks and chrome all looks aged together though.

As far as the year, from '46 - '54 there's an aluminum ID tag on the BB, can usually date by the serial #. If there's two holes and no tag, you're out of luck on an exact year.

Back