When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Pilot

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Scott, I saw that in another chat that you had a good amount of serial # info on huffman do you have any idea of the same for firestone numbers? I do understand that since the bicycles were made by different makers tracking can be difficult but they have to have some way of tracking by features such as the seat post "lucky seven" name badge and serial # all would seem to give some type of solid clues as to vintage and more so a true maker.

Kelly

I have no serial data on any makers other than Huffman and even that is readily available in the database I started here at the cabe. I have most of the catalogs for Firestone, your bike starts in 1947 and ends in 1948. the 1946 catalog doesn't show anything like your bike and the 1949 as mentioned is about the same bike but has a totally different head badge. I'm not sure if anyone has Murray serial info. 1947-8 may be as close as you can get.

Last edited:
Hey Scott,
Thanks alot that is what I've been trying to find is something that would narrow down to a few years and hopefully a maker. When I took on this quest for linage I had no idea of firestone or all the makers of these bikes which seems to really make it hard to pinpoint any exacting info.

Kelly

"I'm not sure if anyone has Murray serial info. 1947-8 may be as close as you can get." -Check with 30thbird, he has them figured out from I think 49 to the 60s or 70s. If I remember, the year was a letter code thru the late 50s.

Hi! I bought the one on Ebay. So would you say because of the short head badge that one is also a 1947-48? I haven't even received the bike yet and have already gotten so much information - thanks alot.

Adam
Thanks for the lead 30thbird, I'll check with him and see what up.

I guess with all the makers over all these years it gets really cloudy on the heritage, history and vintage of these bicycles.
I would have thought that certain quirks would be a dead give away by now, like the 1/2 inch solid rod "lucky seven" seat post and the way the serial# is stamped on the crank housing, I have never seen one stamped like this before it just seems strange,

9A13

179-722X8

This is the way they are stamped on the frame, I think the last set are form a police/fire registeration program but the first two I don't uderstand if it's model# and serial# or what, it just seems strange the way they are stamped. The numbers and letters all seem to be uniform in depth, size and font. Also the way they are layed out seem strange if they are to be used as a single serial#.
I would figure that this trait if not common practice would be a quick clue along with say the seat post both of them together would give a close idea of maker and year without having to get to exacts.

Kelly

Ram1950
When you get that bicycle let me know. I would like to compare them and see what the differences are.

Kelly

Back