When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone Special Cruiser - Information Needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

LightwaterMatt

On Training Wheels
Hi Everyone,

I am from the UK and have owned this bike for about 4 years. Can anyone help identify the manufacturer, age and history etc. Over the years I have managed to find Firestone Super Cruisers and Silver Cruisers but never a Special Cruiser.

Yesterday I found a Special Cruiser head badge for sale on ebay for $29 (the badge is exactly the same as mine) with no sign of the bike it used to be attached to.

My plan is to strip the bike down and restore it as I really want to ride it, but of course don't want to do this if it is particularly rare/valuable.

If anyone can give me any info I would be really grateful.

Matt

Download201st20July200720093-1.jpg

Download201st20July200720092-1.jpg

Download201st20July200720091-1.jpg

It's a late 50s, built by the Snyder co, makers of Rollfast, most Hawthornes, and others. Monark built most Firestones from the early-mid 50s. Sometime in the early-mid 60s, they started sourcing bikes from Huffy, AMF, or maybe both! Pesonally, I wouldn't change much on your bike, though I'd probably repaint the rims & fender light.

I had a ladies Firestone Special Cruiser. I was told it was an early to mid 50's. Had rear slotted dropouts with adjusting screw's, a Bendix rear & a New Departure front hub. It was a pretty solid bike. Went through it mechanically & sold it to a friend who loves it.

I just bought a firestone special cruiser pretty rusty, how do I find out how old it is? May Restore, needs a lot of work Though. Would it be worth restoring?

If it is like the bike shown it will not be worth restoring. This is a mid level model and not worth a great deal even original and nice. Post a pic and the serial number. V/r Shawn

Back