When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firestone warrior skiptooth bike

-

Spokesnapper

On Training Wheels
Hi
Thanks for the add. I've recently picked up a ladies bike on 26in wheels. It's badged as a Firestone Warrior. It's in fairy rough but solid condition. I live in the UK and early US stuff is really hard to find. I'm interested and n restoring it back to as close to original as I can get it. I've got a few Schwinns (a 59 Hollywood my wife rides) a cruiser deluxe anniversary ( my everyday bike) and assorted other two wheeled things the kids ride. I'd love to find the original paint scheme. It seems to have been dark blue with cream at the headset.
I believe they were built by Columbia and others and badged for tire stores. Interestingly the rear tyre is a Fisk Deluxe.
Just found the serial no. under the bottom bracket 8292FRW. It could be FBW
Are there any resources anybody knows of where I could find some history.
The coaster works fine although the spokes are shot.
Any help would be greatefully received.
Cheers
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2236.JPG
IMG_2244.JPG
IMG_2245.JPG

Wow, I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about a Westfield/Columbia built Firestone! Export only maybe? Mr. Columbia's website is the best one out there. Firestone bikes have their own unique coding system, there's a thread here that breaks down what three letters mean.

Wow, I don't recall ever seeing or hearing about a Westfield/Columbia built Firestone! Export only maybe? Mr. Columbia's website is the best one out there. Firestone bikes have their own unique coding system, there's a thread here that breaks down what three letters mean.
Thanks for the reply
If I had to guess I'd say it's proximity to one of the biggest USAAF bases in the UK is probably how it ended up here. Was I wrong about the Columbia link?
I'll check out the mr columbias link

Started stripping and cleaning. The troxel saddle all came apart and cleaned up okay. The pedals are Wald and feel very good. The blocks are nice too. So far the everything has come apart very easily and. The bottom bracket and bearings are in very good order. This is going to be a xmas present for the missus. Found her a 59 Schwinn Hollywood a few years ago but she's just too tall for it ( it's on 24in wheels. This should be a better fit

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

Back