When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Bike - First Post!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

burgandysquare

Hello there! My name is Gordon and I'm proud to announce my introduction into the world of Classic Bicycle restoration! I'm coming from the world of classic car restoration, so a lot of my knowledge can transfer over! I'm not sure if this is a "muscle" bike, please correct me if I am wrong. So, lets start this off!

First Question- What the heck kind of bike did I pick up? I saw it at the antique store and my recently ex-girlfriend bought it for me for $40. I dont know if this was a good deal or not, but here it is! It says Huffy El Dorado and I think it is a 1960, but I honestly have no idea. I forgot to take a complete beginning shot before I tore it apart, but here is the frame. It also has a "fuel tank" (I don't know if this is the right terminology) That says El Dorado as well.

ElDoradoRestorationDay4009-1.jpg

I've taken apart and its currently on in the process of being painted. Don't tear me apart if I have committed some sin against classic bikes by stripping the original paint!

Second and last question that I can think of. Are there any other websites around that you all use? I'm going to try to make this a serious hobby, but I see there is one set-back that is exactly like classic cars...MONEY! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a group of very knowledgeable and helpful guys and gals over on the Schwinn message board. You should give it a look: http://www.schwinnbike.com/heritage/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3

There are a lot of off brand collectors on the board as well who can most likely answer many of your questions. Any bike that is non-Schwinn would be considered an off brand bike.

Welcome to the hobby, and let the addiction begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello gordon the bicycle you have purchased looks to be a girls middleweight bicycle . not really a muscle bike.you might want to post it in the middleweight section and you might have more luck. enjoy

Not only do they get more persistent, the stories the spammers have to offer get worse and worse.

Back