When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First day of Springer…for me

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schulze

Finally riding a big boys bike
I’ve been looking for a springer to replace the bent fork on my 65 Corvette II.
I came across this one and after a little advice from the locals here I picked it up.
Obviously not looking to restore the Corvette, more like upgrade and customize.

this thing is cool looking, must have been painted every other year of its life!

921B7964-010B-4E9B-9712-23212AD34FF8.jpeg

57C5BFD1-5318-4A4B-9AFF-BAFF9B6F62BD.jpeg

9843EBA2-BECF-4D2C-8FF8-F72DFF2CB49B.jpeg

Going to take it apart and get it as cleaned up as possible. Maybe repaint or powder coat?

any advice on working with/restoring a springer like this would be appreciated.

First thing I do when getting a used fork is check it out and make sure it's not bent or tweaked. What color are you going to paint it? 😜

Took the fork apart, then back together just so I know how it all works.

hung on the bike and it appears to be straight and true.

View attachment 1598717

View attachment 1598718
Nice springer, that is the early style with bolt behind the leg. I really like the ride with a spring fork. I have noticed the springs on my originals are soft and if I was a heavier rider it would really max it out. I read that the springs get stressed over time and lose their stuff. There is a whizzer HD replacement spring available but the old style with the spring attached to the yoke are more difficult to deal with at times stubborn from rust. Keep posted looking forward to seeing it all done.

Fork is completely disassembled and waiting to be cleaned. All the small bits are soaking in parts cleaner. Pretty cool how it all goes together and works! I’m assuming the rubber bushing are readily available?

Here are the fork legs. You guys have said this looks like a pre ‘55 fork…any ideas as to what year this might be? After looking through the CABE for sale, I think I did pretty good on this one.

566951FF-0718-410A-8455-47AA3E18A87A.jpeg

3E886937-206E-4F64-9ACA-D355A29FC649.jpeg

EC5EA01C-059D-45F5-927A-DA32392AB7D0.jpeg

DF0E20C0-6FB2-469A-BB6A-F62D521A14D7.jpeg

Back