When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

first post - ID alum hawthorne

-
Thanks!!!

Actually only the pedals/fender/seat are incorrect. The wheels and chainguard are right for that bike. Bummer about the fork though. You should have soaked it longer before pulling out the hack saw... Also consider having someone who can weld aluminum patch the head tube below the badge, especially if you're going to go through the expense of polishing and re-chroming everything. Those bikes are meant to be big enough to handle a rider with up to a 36" inseam using the factory 24" wheels, so unless you're over 6'3", you should keep the 24s. The only pain is finding 24" tires, but they're still out there. I have a source for Silver King/Duralium parts, so if you need anything specific, let me know and I'll look into price/availability.

I LOVE being corrected on here!!! it gets you guys responding I guess:(

So... I missed the wheels....we knew that...

I am not so sure on the chain guard...BUT They had Three other styles that I have seen on complete bikes so....maybe:rolleyes: or maybe they replaced it Hummmm

I think you are on the right track on here I started with a frame and fork it took two years and alot of ebay battles and digging through fenders to complete mine I still need the speedometer stem... I will probably have a grand in mine...or more

You could have it anodized!!!:eek:

J A M I E

hi Jamie ,
very nice find here is a pic of mine, i also post some of my method how to polish the frame, my frame was exact like yours in the sam condition...i ride this beauty all summer long....
IMG_3791-1.jpg

this also is a Hawthorne Duralium bicycle (made by Monark Silverking:(rolleyes:

Back