When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First post in the antique forum; 1908 Peerless.

-

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Fresh purchase from a fellow on RRB. Almost untouched original. Only incorrect part is the rear wheel. Original paint matches the 1908 catalog description in every way, down to the black/ivory on the front wheel. He had the seat confirmed by some wheelmen as correct as well. It's missing stitches and stiff but it's all there. Block chain. Bar appear to match the catalog. Crescent tires are hard but supposedly held air for a short stretch of time. Tall frame 21+ inches. Missing one grip and half of a pedal. Plans are to make a rider.

If anybody has one of these grips or one of these pedals, please let me know! I have the pedal shaft so it wouldn't matter which side since I can just swap onto the shaft. Also, a further longshot, a wood hoop that can be made rideable in black with ivory skunk tail down the center.

Thoughts on using original wood wheels to ride on? The front has a wobble but it appears very solid and seamed well. I'll have to look into straightening too if anybody has advice. Memory Lane sells very nice Amish hoops so that's an option too. Thanks for looking!

YaJaz3T-1.jpg

PCHylvg-1.jpg

CWnGjqs-1.jpg

UNAL0Qj-1.jpg

g1SIoP7-1.jpg

xEUcvBa-1.jpg

I'm having new grips like those made as we speak. I might do a partial trade on your existing one.
Great pick, by the way! Rear wheel was likely swapped out to aquire coaster brake.

I'm having new grips like those made as we speak. I might do a partial trade on your existing one.
Great pick, by the way! Rear wheel was likely swapped out to aquire coaster brake.

Ah yes, I do remember seeing about the grips. I'll keep that in mind. It will be staying original so I don't want anything to stick out too much, but I doubt I get to be picky with it. Did you make an exact amount for orders you received?

I'll bet you're right on the rim. The catalog advertises a deluxe version which included a Peerless coaster brake but standard would have been fixed. I never thought I would have regretted selling that TOC fixed hub..

Ah yes, I do remember seeing about the grips. I'll keep that in mind. It will be staying original so I don't want anything to stick out too much, but I doubt I get to be picky with it. Did you make an exact amount for orders you received?

I'll bet you're right on the rim. The catalog advertises a deluxe version which included a Peerless coaster brake but standard would have been fixed. I never thought I would have regretted selling that TOC fixed hub..

I'm having 5 pr made, 3 pr spoken for so far...

Last edited:
to ride those tires

I don't know that I plan to. I want to make something that can be actually ridden instead of ridden to prove a point up and down the driveway. They seem very nice at a glance; perfect for a display bike at the very least. Good tread.

Last edited:
I talked to the guy about that bike. I hadn't been on RRB in a while and jumped over there to see what was going on and seen it. I like it! But I was too late and it was already spoken for.
Nice bike! GL with it
JKent

Guy had a decent price on it. I saw it and talked myself out of it pretty quickly but great buy!
build a wood clincher rider wheelset for it and save the original equipment for show.

Nice bike, it looks like its a few years older than mine,
65BB1A6C86C6459C8F3C4AD6B2A4249924250000-1.jpg

The peerless coaster brake was essentially a rebranded musselman armless, like what was used on the racycles and such.
62EF2AB0D8A54964841DE1EBB7C457A024250000-1.jpg

Back