When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First (prewar) bike..... Finally

-

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
After 4 months of hunting and searching and obsessing over old bikes i proudly present the beginnings of what will be my 1934 Colson motobike. Thanks Mr monkeyarms for selling me the frame forks and crank/sprocket. I'm super excited. I have some good parts not shown. A skiptooth schwinn crank and chain ring. A persons deluxe saddle. A Colson badge with needed screws and Chain adjusters (thanks tye dye deb) . Obviously this scoot has a long way to go before it is close to where i want it to be but I've never really done things the easy way so I guess this is fitting for me. I need a ton of stuff to complete the project which I will need to save up for. I'm hoping to source some fairly close to accurate parts locally this summer but I'm sure there will be more here and there parts i will likely pick up as i go through the cabe. If you have anything to show off or that would match let me know but it might be a while before I can pull the trigger. My huge needs list includes rain gutter fenders skip tooth chain 28 inch wheels cross bar handlebars stem grips pedals..... Almost everything. Oh and a 3/4 inch Colson seatpost because believe it or not the purple one is not stock on a Colson but it is from the chair leg from a doc mcstuffins play table. Whoda known. Of course I will post updates as it comes along.

20190508_195048.jpg

imgp0972.jpg

Hey Congrats on scoring your first cool Colson project!

Haha we really gotcha now!

You're in good hands with @Mr. Monkeyarms so to speak lol.

Btw an antique is 100 years old and that's only 84 years old, 1930's bikes are more accurately described as pre WW2.

I'd cut right to the chase and use the modern wheelset and tires and let everything else be it's correct self.

Welcome to the Colson Club here's your button!

N

@fordmike65

s-l300.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Congrats on scoring your first cool Colson project!

Haha we really gotcha now!

Btw an antique is 100 years old and that's only 84 years old, 1930's bikes are more accurately described as pre WW2.

I'd cut right to the chase and use the modern wheelset and tires and let everything else be it's correct self.

Welcome to the Colson Club here's your button!

N

@fordmike65

View attachment 994281
All right then prewar it is. I'm good with that but will repost in celebration in 2034. I don't mind modern wheels and tires so long as the back is skip tooth. I wasn't going to go wood-clad.

I'm having seat clamp / post problems. Doc mcstuffins is not working out and just got the purple b unstuck. I have friction tape but i would rather not go this route because it means possibly getting a purple one stuck again and might not work temporarily anyway. Haha. i believe i need a clamp like this for my persons saddle but I'm not sure what size i need (which size would fit on top of a Colson 3/4 inch seatpost) which i also do not have. Sure would like to sit on my new bike just about got him pedal capable.

s-l300.jpg

20190120_153848.jpg

20190120_153855.jpg

Last edited:
I think i figured it out. 3/4 post has 5/8 top and clamp. But could i use the kind of clamp i posted above with a lucky 7 post?

Back