When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time selling on E-bay, any suggestions or warnings

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A friend selling for you at 15%, eBay and PP taking another minimum of 15%, shipping hassles, will it, won't it, crap shoot if the buyer likes it and doesn't complain....
...fuggetaboutit.
At least you aren't the one whose personal information is being sold and sales are taxed at the end of the year. Your friend gets that indignity.
But....
I'm happy to buy from people who are willing to put up with all that.
Truth is, eBay is just busy work that contributes to mental stress and heart disease. Nobody makes real money. What you make here makes up for what you lost there. Big circle of busy work.
Even thinking about it makes my ears warm.
No eBay sales in three years now
... I'm clean.
If it doesn't sell here, I eventually give it away to the co-op or take it to the twice a year local bike swap meet.

When I sell on ebay, I no longer auction. I do buy it now or best offer for 30 days. Selling in auction comes down to the last 30 seconds ad is generally disappointing for the seller. Ebay fees, paypal fees and shipping costs make matters worse. I just bought a chainguard on ebay. I was the only bidder. I paid for the item right away and the seller never acknowledged it or sent it. Ebay gave me back my money. Sellers remorse.

I agree,do all the above, my ebay is not a business, I use it as relaxation.
Bought 60 percent of my vintage bikes on ebay. Others were at vintage bike/motorbike shows. Stick with what you know best, read others ad work,and don't get over your head.

Back