When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixed gear rear Hub needed for 1897 safety I have that is undergoing a complete restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dick Rath

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a requirement for a complete rear fixed gear hub with a 1" pitch (skip tooth) sprocket ( the sprocket must be easily
removed for access to the spoke holes ). While the bicycle I'm restoring is an 1897 Iver Johnson any funtioning fixed gear
hub should work as long as I can easily remove the sprocket from the body of the hub and the hub has 36 spoke holes. An alternative would be a similar fixed gear hub with a sprocket that has the single notch which can be rotated around to give clear access for each spoke during the lacing process. The hubs finish is not important since it will be nickel plated. I can be reached by email at: [email protected] or by phone at:518 339 7867 Please feel free to contact me with any questions and, if you have what I need, your price for it. Dick Rath, Time Machines, Ltd. / website: [email protected]

PM me if any of these look like what you are looking for.

IMG_9797.jpg

IMG_9796.jpg

. An alternative would be a similar fixed gear hub with a sprocket that has the single notch which can be rotated around to give clear access for each spoke during the lacing process.
@Dick Rath A slotted cog will not work because on a fixed hub the cog does not rotate. Only works on freewheel/coaster brake.

I have a requirement for a complete rear fixed gear hub with a 1" pitch (skip tooth) sprocket ( the sprocket must be easily
removed for access to the spoke holes ). While the bicycle I'm restoring is an 1897 Iver Johnson any funtioning fixed gear
hub should work as long as I can easily remove the sprocket from the body of the hub and the hub has 36 spoke holes. An alternative would be a similar fixed gear hub with a sprocket that has the single notch which can be rotated around to give clear access for each spoke during the lacing process. The hubs finish is not important since it will be nickel plated. I can be reached by email at: [email protected] or by phone at:518 339 7867 Please feel free to contact me with any questions and, if you have what I need, your price for it. Dick Rath, Time Machines, Ltd. / website: [email protected]
Are you interested in any of the fixed skipped tooth hubs I posted? I have others asking if you aren't interested.

When you say 'slotted' cog ....do you mean 'splined' cog ? ( a cog with 3 splines )
A cog like this. On a coaster hub you can rotate the cog and slip the spokes through the slot on the cog without taking the hub apart. On a fixed hub the cog will not rotate.

s-l400.jpg

Back