When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"fixie" mods

-
I'm looking to do just that. I'm old and getting older and I plan to have some fun before i go.
I have bought some beautiful period, if not maker correct, items to create a cool bike (or two, i hope, SHHhh).
That ebay 7-speed is so tempting.
I've got to cool it for a month or two.
I over-spent my budget for the umpteenth time.
Yeah I know how that goes with budgets. Hard when you want something & have ideas to play with. Shame $ doesn't come as easily. LOL

Hi Hukah,
I am no expert here to help out mechanically, but I do ride a bit and have usually ridden single speed steel balloon tire bikes until recently. I got a Nexus 3 speed hub bike a few months ago and love having a lower gear for hills and into the wind, etc. I just got a Nexus 7 speed on a new bike I am working on, but I rode it before taking it apart and the gearing is going to really help this old guy as well as make it more enjoyable to cruise. Sounds like you are on the right track and getting some good advice here from Superman1984.

i know a lot of "us" can relate to the over-spending on this hobby, but I'm serious right now. I have to stop myself and content myself with what I have.
It's too easy to see an old piece that you "need" to complete 'the look".
I can't live on my bikes.

.......or can I. Hmmmmm.
JK

Hi Hukah,
I am no expert here to help out mechanically, but I do ride a bit and have usually ridden single speed steel balloon tire bikes until recently. I got a Nexus 3 speed hub bike a few months ago and love having a lower gear for hills and into the wind, etc. I just got a Nexus 7 speed on a new bike I am working on, but I rode it before taking it apart and the gearing is going to really help this old guy as well as make it more enjoyable to cruise. Sounds like you are on the right track and getting some good advice here from Superman1984.
I love the CABE not for it's name but for it's people.
The best site on the web, IMhumbleO.
I got razzed by a couple of guys in the beginning and didn't know how to take the group at first, but the people who have helped me on this path are incredibly giving with their knowledge and insights according to experience.
I practice looking at "unknowns" every day now to see if/how I can date without input.
It's fun realizing that I am slowly picking up the tells.

Back