When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing a weak kickstand?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

guzziworksman

Finally riding a big boys bike
The kickstand on my Luxury Liner won't snap smartly into place and stay there. Anybody have a fix for that - replace/shim the spring, etc?

I can't remember exactly what mine looks like. I have shimmed springs but if I can find a replacement spring that's my preferred way to fix one. V/r Shawn

I have found that over time and multiple uses, the front plate that the leg rides on gets pushed back. I take a large crescent wrench and pull the plate back out. A little bit at a time until it functions properly.

I have found that over time and multiple uses, the front plate that the leg rides on gets pushed back. I take a large crescent wrench and pull the plate back out. A little bit at a time until it functions properly.
I just used this method. My sliding plate is actually worn down with a good bit of metal loss (how does that happen?). Functions great now! Thanks for the tip.

Back