When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing Bent Pedals with a Keithbar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
At the local Denver spring swap Keith was selling these pedal straightener tools. I just noticed it's called 'Keithbar' I didn't realize it was his invention... He did a demo for me on a bent pedal that he sandwiched between a couple pine 2x4s in a vise. Screwed the bar onto the pedal and spun it which you could see how bent it was. He positioned the high spot away from him and pulled it towards him and spun it again. Found the high spot again and repeated the process. Spun again and it spun perfectly on its axis, done. Took a total of 30 seconds.

Well I finally tried it this afternoon on a killer original Persons Majestic teardrop pedal. I didn't want to damage such a cool pedal on my first try and I already had the pedal apart to service. So I decided I would drill a hole in a extremely dense hardwood branch I had in the wood pile. Worked fantastic!

IMG_20190630_181255.jpg

IMG_20190630_181240.jpg

IMG_20190630_181217.jpg

IMG_20190630_181507.jpg

IMG_20190630_181454.jpg

IMG_20190630_180537.jpg

IMG_20190630_180822.jpg

IMG_20190630_200641.jpg

Yep,
I was just telling one of the guys on our last ride, how good the Keithbar tool works on a bent pedal.
Definitely a must have in the tool box.
They’re also good for the map pocket, in the door of your truck.
If a Cop ever searches your truck, you can just tell him, that it’s for straightening out a bent pedal.:wink:
Hey, at least you wouldn’t be lying. Lol!

Last edited:
Back