When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing cracked fenders!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oquinn

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Any have ideas to fix this?

20180720_113444.jpg

weld it. drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading then weld. most of these fenders are pretty thin you will need to find someone who knows what they are doing.

FYI: IF YOU DECIDE TO WELD THE FENDER HAVE THE DENTS
AND RESHAPING OF THE FENDER DONE FIRST. VERY DIFFICULT
TO REWORK THE FENDER AFTER WELDING, SOLDERING & BRAZING.

Last edited:
Have someone roll your fender, they should be able to get that straightened out. Go to Hardware store and buy a J.B. Weld epoxy kit [10 bucks] Use thin strip of metal on inside to back it up. apply the J.B. Weld to the inside and use small vice grips or something similar to hold it together. After it's set up, finish the tear with J.B. Weld and sand , then paint. No one will know, it'l look great. That fender metal is thin to begin with, plus it's old, rusty and fatigued, I doubt if anyone will tackle welding it , for fear of making it worse, but there may someone..... that's brave. The other option, that I have done in the past was to Trim the fender a bit with a tinsnips or [ the way I like best] install a big mudflap on the outside of the fender.

Back