Flamboyant Lime 65 super deluxe

This ad disappears when logged in

rfeagleye

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 20, 2011
Medina, United States
Great bike! Very nice find congratulations! That is one heck of a find!

The tires, pedals and grips aren't the original items that came with the bike originally, but you can find replacements if you want them online. The seat, sissy bar, and fork for those are the big dollar items, those forks sell for between $500-800 by themselves! It's great that you have those on the bike and all original. Looks like a great project for clean up!

Is that Gary Stewart the country singers bike?!?

Last edited:

Green65superdeluxe

On Training Wheels
Jul 6, 2019
Denver
Great bike! Very nice find congratulations! That is one

The tires, pedals and grips aren't the original items that came with the bike originally, but you can find replacements if you want them online. The seat, sissy bar, and fork for those are the big dollar items, those forks sell for between $500-800 by themselves! It's great that you have those on the bike and all original. Looks like a great project for clean up!

Is that Gary Stewart the country singers bike?!?
Do you think the grips were white? And do you also believe the tires should be whitewalls? You guys would be standing on your heads if you knew what I picked it up for as far as cleaning her up goes, I’m nervous about touching anything on it. I want the rust gone and considered aluminum foil and soapy water. I would still very much so like to know about how many of these were produced in 1965 in this color

rfeagleye

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 20, 2011
Medina, United States
Yes, I believe that it had whitewalls when it came out of the box, and white grips. There is always that chance that when it was new the tires were swapped for blackwalls and the grips were swapped for black ones, I believe a Schwinn dealer would do that to sell a bike, but the stock stuff was like the catalog picture. Good luck with it!

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Schwinn produced 876608 bicycles in 1965. They did not break them down by model, color, etc... The short answer is a bunch of these were made--how many survived is another story. V/r Shawn

mrg

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Aug 9, 2010
socal
Came from the factory with black slick (J36) and white knobby(J37) tires but heard they also came with blk knobby & WW slick, no way to tell what this bike came with so do which every you like, great bike. What is the date on your rear tire?

Mr. Monkeyarms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
Nice bike that will clean up well! The surface rust looks like it can easily be removed with non-abrasive methods. There is a lot of info on the Cabe about doing this.

Welcome to the Cabe! Join us the third Sunday every month at Fishback Park in Denver for the Old Bikes Club monthly rides! :)

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture