When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fleetwing, what year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

s1b

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone tell me what year this Fleetwing is? Serial number starts with a H

fleetwing-1.jpg

Beautiful original paint bike! Please leave it alone and if you are interested in selling it, sell it whole. Don't part it out! It will clean up nicely and be a great bike for a girl out there. I'd guess the year to be roughly a 1938-1940?? I'm sure some of our experts will chime in shortly. Be patient.

Beautiful original paint bike! Please leave it alone and if you are interested in selling it, sell it whole. Don't part it out! It will clean up nicely and be a great bike for a girl out there. I'd guess the year to be roughly a 1938-1940?? I'm sure some of our experts will chime in shortly. Be patient.

It will remain in one piece!
Need to get the correct pedals and grips

It's built by the Cleveland Welding Company i beleive. Like a Roadmaster bike. I do LOVE the color combo!

Yeah, that's Cleveland Welding company bicycle. Their house badging was Roadmaster so if you look up 1940ish Roadmasters you'll see others to compare this to. Beautiful bike. I'd sport that fine lady around town with pride.

Your Fleetwing is a Cleveland Welding built bicycle and its general frame pattern was in production from 1937 through 1942. The fact that it has the fork crown headlight bracket means it is a 1940+ model. The serial number places its build on the cusp of 1940/1941 so that would make it a 1941 model with the production date likely in 1940 but possibly in early 1941.

Your Fleetwing is a Cleveland Welding built bicycle and its general frame pattern was in production from 1937 through 1942. The fact that it has the fork crown headlight bracket means it is a 1940+ model. The serial number places its build on the cusp of 1940/1941 so that would make it a 1941 model with the production date likely in 1940 but possibly in early 1941.

Thanks for the info!!
I will post more pics later.

For now I just want to clean and lube it.

Back