When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flightliner maybe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schulze

Finally riding a big boys bike
Quick pick up early this morning. Not quite sure of the make/model.

looks like a flightliner? Took a picture of the serial #, not sure how to check.

has a cool double legged kickstand and I can tell it had a tank and fender light at some point.

4844B87D-6F6C-4BE4-B17D-0CAB1096692F.jpeg

8B1E72E4-F8E3-4A31-AA2F-1D3751EDA1B2.jpeg

613FAF7C-6817-460A-A86C-8A9D719FAC51.jpeg

3AA769EE-55CD-4440-9B87-179149A89FFA.jpeg

48EE92C5-BFD1-455D-BBF9-D80D8200D3B0.jpeg

EDF7C451-8E17-42C5-84B1-4037F90F7F80.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely a Murray built “space frame” but not a Sears. Sears bikes, Flightliners / Spaceliners will have MOS 502 stamped on the left rear dropout; which is Murrays code for Bikes they built for Sears. What ever it is, it’s missing the tank. Otherwise it wouldn’t have the bracket on the back side of the end tube. Google ‘Murray Serial Number Project’ for the thread here on the CABE that coluld give you some clues as to which retailer this was built for. Gambles sold Hiawatha, OTASCO sold Flying O, Pennys sold Foremost. Sears sold JC Higgins or Sears (depending on the year), etc. All built by Murray of Ohio.

thanks Rivnut!
there is no other stamping on the bike except for the left dropout.
I noticed the bracket for the tank, bummer that didn’t come with it.

I had a black Murray-built speed-weight frame like yours with a 270k serial number within 160 of your bike; but the prefix looked like a WG-3-808A, and I am just guessing that mine was a ~1963 Gambles Hiawatha badged bicycle.

The faded white detail on the seat tube mast, (looks like rays of light emanating from logo?) might yield a clue.

Last edited:
I had a black Murray-built speed-weight frame like yours with a 270k serial number within 160 of your bike; but the prefix looked like a WG-3-808A, and I am just guessing that mine was a ~1963 Gambles Hiawatha badged bicycle.
WG is definitely Gambles/Hiawatha, but I've seen too many stamped 'WG-3' to be sure it's '63. All the '60-64 codes are questionable.

Back