When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flightliner/Spaceliner forks

-

Levine

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I'm thinking about putting a rat trap on a flightliner frame. This is probably a dumb question, but... are all the configurations of front forks/springers interchangeable on any Space/Flightliner frame, boys and/or girls? Trying to figure out if I can pick up a donor bike without worrying about forks fitting... thanks.

Take your fork off and measure the length of the steer tube. Then you can buy the correct fork. I am assuming they will all be 1 inch diameter. Roger

Last edited:
Take your fork off and measure the length of the steer tube. Then you can buy the correct fork. I am assuming they will all e 1 inch diameter. Roger

Do you know anything about the "knee" bracket in the photo on the right? Some springers seem to have them and some don't. The bike I had as a kid in the early sixties did have that bracket.
upload_2017-12-22_15-20-24.png

Do you know anything about the "knee" bracket in the photo on the right? Some springers seem to have them and some don't. The bike I had as a kid in the early sixties did have that bracket.
View attachment 727811
There might be bikes out there that had both a Spaceliner style springer fork plus truss bars, but Spaceliners never came that way. The deluxe Spaceliners came with springer forks, and the mid-tier chromed Spaceliners came with truss bars and no springer fork, but no Spaceliner model came with both.

There might be bikes out there that had both a Spaceliner style springer fork plus truss bars, but Spaceliners never came that way. The deluxe Spaceliners came with springer forks, and the mid-tier chromed Spaceliners came with truss bars and no springer fork, but no Spaceliner model came with both.

Thanks for that. It seems like almost all the Flightliner and Spaceliner wheels/fenders/running gear, etc, is interchangeable, even with the 26" girls' models. Do I have that right?

Colin:
To determine model years for Spaceliners, check the great sticky thread by BrentP at the top of "Middleweight Bicycles." For Flightliners, post a picture that will allow denizens of this site to respond with personal experience and info from old catalogs.

Back