When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flightliner Time...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dasberger

I live for the CABE
Well... After months of seeking out a tank and other bits I finally got started today.

This is what I'm working with:

IMG_9082.jpg

Ended up buying a rack that had the hard to find tail light lens and was in better shape. Broke down tank and rack, got them sanded and primed and polished the bezel. Hope to them paint tomorrow.

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

Next I'll start breaking down the bike and working on frame. fenders and rims... Lots of chrome to polish... and the infamous clear coat...

Got the tank painted this afternoon... Came out pretty well. Was getting a little cold this afternoon and the white came out a little gloppy on the rack so I'm gonna have to sand and try again.

Where it started.... some nice overspray on this bad boy!

IMG_0241.jpg

And where it ended up... Not too bad for a rattle can!

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

Last edited:
Well... After months of seeking out a tank and other bits I finally got started today.

This is what I'm working with:

View attachment 1312780

Ended up buying a rack that had the hard to find tail light lens and was in better shape. Broke down tank and rack, got them sanded and primed and polished the bezel. Hope to them paint tomorrow.

View attachment 1312781
View attachment 1312782

View attachment 1312783
View attachment 1312784

View attachment 1312785
Next I'll start breaking down the bike and working on frame. fenders and rims... Lots of chrome to polish... and the infamous clear coat...
fun project, looking good....did you happen upon a light for the ladies version(Hiawatha)?

@dasberger

Could you detail how you wired your headlights. I have three Flightliners each of which needs to have the headlights working. All three have the switch and parts for the lamps; otherwise battery trays, etc are either missing or beyond repair.

Thanks,
Ed

IMG_1572.jpg

Back