When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Florida Green Hornet gets 3 speeds. (Seeking Tank or matched paint)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked this nice little bike from a fellow CABER on Long Island. I tweeked her somewhat. I added enameled rims, 3 speed TCW, tirtes and an incorrect, but nice enough headlight.
IMG_8126[1].JPG

I wish the wall was white, because the beauty of this paint color is lost in that background. It is hard to describe how pretty the green is. It looks like it tastes good.

IMG_8128[1].JPG

The ride is good on this one. The seat is a tough one.

IMG_8127[1].JPG

Oops.

I should have cleaned the fender stays up a bit!

IMG_8130[1].JPG

If someone sells the paint in rattle cans or if there is a place to get the paint codes that would be cool. I want to paint up a tank for this. I see the marks where one used to be. Thanks to Harpo for having me over to his estate and letting a few choice bikes cross the Sound.

Can take parts to a automotive paint store and they should be able to match the color! My local carquest does it for me, amazingly as can see from the green panther I'm working on!

Nice bike, I think that's called a coach green, thanks @Sven for the link...

Mike

The 58 Hornet green was called Florida Green. I don't have original examples of Florida or Coach Green but the Florida Green looks like it has a shot or two of blue tint and it doesn't look like the old Coach Green to me. The previous years the Hornet and Spitfire models were offered in Spitfire Red, Blue and Green. New colors were introduced in the mid 50's and the Spitfire named colors were definitely different than the older colors.

Back