When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"FLYING GATE" - Track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
1981 T.J. Cycles Flying Gate - The Flying Gate track bikes are the rare ones today. I bought this
one out of the U.K. in the early nineties. Equipped with all the best period correct racing parts ( rare! ).
I sold it to a Japanese collector who pulled it completely apart and sold all the parts and hung the frame.

L1020890.JPG

L1050973.JPG

L1050975.JPG

L1050982.JPG

yellow Flying Gate.jpg

You have nice one. I saw one at the Cyclepedia exhibit in Portland a few years ago.

Then I decided to make one for myself from a Peugeot Nice that had a separated seat tube at the BB and a scrap top tube from a Schwinn World I used to make a Dutch bike. While mine looks like a Flying Gate, it most certainly is not.

20170703_212410.jpg

-----

Trevor Jarvis, exchanged letters with him ~1983 and collected brochures on all of his Gate models.

Fascinating bicycles. Thank you for posting this fine example.

Visited collector Bob Freeman of Seattle some years ago and was shown his bespoke Gate road model.

-----

-----

Appears to be wearing the special Gian Robert front mech, is that correct?

Would be fun to see some real Baines Gates...

-----

-----

Appears to be wearing the special Gian Robert front mech, is that correct?

Would be fun to see some real Baines Gates...

-----

Didn't get a chance to really have a close look, as an award ceremony was going on, so I don't know.

A Baines is even cooler, but I can still order a TJ in my preferred size, and with my preferred fittings, which is nice. :)

Back