When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying Merkel, Indian, Harley Davidson, & Racycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
3.5”

4A8C782A-5B19-4A65-B0D6-76B0D27C0497.jpeg

I’d like to thank those that have given their assistance on the Indian and the HD measurements. My request may seem redundant to past threads...but I assure you I’m not regurgitating old news, nor have I found any solicitation for the measurements of these logos among the many threads posted in the CABE’s archive. Sure, there’s a chock full of images of original logo’s, but all of them without their measurements!

I'd hope this thread, like so many others, will one day inform and enlighten those that are interested in the details and the minutia of these bikes.

I still need the measurements for the Racycle and Flying Merkel? I know there’s only a few Flying Merkel originals, but I recall a few years back, there was a great deal of hoopla about recreating its headtube and down tube decals. Plus several CABE members stepped up and placed their orders to buy them! If anyone has one of these decals, its measurements would be extremely helpful ( it may not be original) but I have faith that Patric and Robert did their diligence in replicating the accuracy of the artwork.

Regarding the Racycle? This should be the easiest of the four requests, because I know there’s a phethora of Racycles out there! I just need the logo's width measurement?

Again, thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Sorry, I just saw this post.
Merkel downtube decal measurement is 5.6 inches long.
Merkel headtube decal is 3" high.

These measurements came from the downtube of my 1916 bike and the headbadge decal of the Motorcycle Museum of America's 1915-16 bicycle example.

-B

1584222045453.png

Last edited:
Back