When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying Merkel on Ebay

-

XBPete

Wore out three sets of tires already!
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=112468149024

Rare antique Miami- built 1917 Flying Merkel bicycle- Been Repainted- downtube logo painted on- all parts original except tires- including Original,rare : Head badge- deep fenders- 3 piece fender braces- nice/straight frame- (fork has repairs)- early Musselman script 'armless' coasterbrake hub- rare sprockets- paper~thin rack- correct rare wider Diamond chain- locking dropstand- all wood rims- correct handlebars (with slight bends)-later grips and pedals--- rode great (I had newer tires on it)--- have some local interest in it but I'm open to shipping it in the lower 48 US only-------Being sold as-is- so check the intensive CABE website blog on Flying Merkel bikes first!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Antique Bicycle Flying Merkel Merkle Miami Motorbike Motorcycle 1917 Prewar 28"
tnj4p1myre1mpff12w4j1llndmc.png
12 viewed per hour
Seller information
dawalt1 (1931 )
100% Positive feedback
Item condition:
Used
Time left:
Time left:6d 15h Monday, 8:50PM
Price:
US $5,500.00
Buy It Now
Rare antique Miami- built 1917 Flying Merkel bicycle- Been Repainted- downtube logo painted on- all parts original except tires- including Original,rare : Head badge- deep fenders- 3 piece fender braces- nice/straight frame- (fork has repairs)- early Musselman script 'armless' coasterbrake hub- rare sprockets- paper~thin rack- correct rare wider Diamond chain- locking dropstand- all wood rims- correct handlebars (with slight bends)-later grips and pedals--- rode great (I had newer tires on it)--- have some local interest in it but I'm open to shipping it in the lower 48 US only-------Being sold as-is- so check the intensive CABE website blog on Flying Merkel bikes first!
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg

We sold him the rack snd chainring last year, and have seen it in process, Looking good. Nick will have his own opinion Im sure lol. Oh Nick says frame is later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything I would call it an '18. 1917 still had the transfer on the head tube. This actually looks pretty decent and a lot of effort went into getting most of the right parts. The problem to me is with the motorcycle related bikes is that unless it is original it may have started as any number of brands. The FM is a little more difficult to replicate but the Indians, and to some degree, the HDs require little more than a chain ring and head badge. V/r Shawn

Back