When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Flying O- Otasco Scorpion Bike

-
Price
$450.00
Tenn. but can be arranged to be picked up in Atlanta or Chattanooga
Zipcode

rconerton

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This is the 2nd Bike we have for sale. It has been kept hanging in our mom's garage for all these years and not ridden. We are looking to sell the bikes because we'll be putting the house on the market.

This is an original Otasco Flying O- Vintage Yellow, Orange and green stripe Scorpion Muscle Bike with Banana Seat. It has all the original parts with the original paint, colorful sporty design with good paint, stripes and logo. Has been stored hanging in a garage so the pictures are up side down (sorry). Good used condition with a few scratches- I tried to capture in the photos. Original Striped Banana Seat has a tear. Body is good used condition showing some rust on the handlebars but I expect it could be easily polished up. I also tried to capture the item number on tag under the seat but I can't make it out.

We believe it as made in Murray of Ohio Mfg. company Lawrenceburg TN USA 07-76 “Otasco Flying O – Scorpion”

I wasn't able to find one just like it on the internet. I found bikes that look very similar by other brand, and same type bike in green but none in this design. I looked and looked but can’t find one just like it online. I don't know if that's because its more rare- or what. (I did find the Murray Pinwheel that looks similar but it’s a different manufacturer ( I assume) and a mini version and has different shape and flowers- not a boy bike or full size like this one)

It is in good original condition. I’m not sure about cost- so again I'm guesstimating. I’m thinking maybe $400-600. (even the Pinwheel I saw was quoting its value at $400-600) but I'm not sure and open to expert suggestions and information anyone has on this bike/design.

y bike 2.jpg

y bike 3.jpg

y Blu bike 4.jpg

y blue bikes 2.jpg

y buke 1.jpg

y Bike 1.jpg

y Bike 2.jpg

y Bike 3.jpg

y Bike 4.jpg

y Bike 5.jpg

y Bike 6.jpg

y Bike 7.jpg

Hi. FYI- I checked on shipping a bike and depending on where you are I can get a more exact ship quote to add to the cost of bike. The bike Shop near me can disassemble as needed and wrap, pack it into a box (from a new bike they've received)- about $125 (labor and box/foam, etc.).Then I can ship thru them via Bike Flights - depending on location and total weight - est. $70-$90+ up to $100. So estimate of up to about $225 total for shipping option added to cost of bike.
I would need to go to TN and get bike(s) and bring to Atlanta and ship from here. Although the DIY video was great, I don't know anything about disassembling a bike and would prefer experts do this to avoid damage). If you are interested and a ship option, please let me know. thanks!!

It's a neat little bike and I am in the Atlanta burbs but I can't stretch to anything near what you are expecting. Good luck with them.

Nice to know you're in the Atlanta area. Please let me know if you want to make an offer. If we can sell it local and avoid shipping that makes it easier. I want to find them good homes either local or shipped.

This is the 2nd Bike we have for sale. It has been kept hanging in our mom's garage for all these years and not ridden. We are looking to sell the bikes because we'll be putting the house on the market.

This is an original Otasco Flying O- Vintage Yellow, Orange and green stripe Scorpion Muscle Bike with Banana Seat. It has all the original parts with the original paint, colorful sporty design with good paint, stripes and logo. Has been stored hanging in a garage so the pictures are up side down (sorry). Good used condition with a few scratches- I tried to capture in the photos. Original Striped Banana Seat has a tear. Body is good used condition showing some rust on the handlebars but I expect it could be easily polished up. I also tried to capture the item number on tag under the seat but I can't make it out.

We believe it as made in Murray of Ohio Mfg. company Lawrenceburg TN USA 07-76 “Otasco Flying O – Scorpion”

I wasn't able to find one just like it on the internet. I found bikes that look very similar by other brand, and same type bike in green but none in this design. I looked and looked but can’t find one just like it online. I don't know if that's because its more rare- or what. (I did find the Murray Pinwheel that looks similar but it’s a different manufacturer ( I assume) and a mini version and has different shape and flowers- not a boy bike or full size like this one)

It is in good original condition. I’m not sure about cost- so again I'm guesstimating. I’m thinking maybe $400-600. (even the Pinwheel I saw was quoting its value at $400-600) but I'm not sure and open to expert suggestions and information anyone has on this bike/design.

View attachment 1536683

View attachment 1536684

View attachment 1536685

View attachment 1536686

View attachment 1536687

View attachment 1536691

View attachment 1536692

View attachment 1536693

View attachment 1536694

View attachment 1536695

View attachment 1536696

View attachment 1536697
To the best of my knowledge this appears to be a Snyder built bike , but may contain some Murray built parts on them.. Really nice bikes.. Good luck.. Razin...

Back