When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flying " V " Fork...Base Model Only ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pressed Steel 1915

Finally riding a big boys bike
I can't find much on this & Google image only go's so far........

Would anyone know if the flying V fork was used only on base model CWC made bikes in the late 30's ???

I'v seen it on the flat-tank models but not the higher end one's.....Or have I got this all wrong ???

Any reply's would be very kind of you.

DSCN2175.JPG

Last edited:
I realize that the classic bicycle lexicon is a hard habit to break, but when you look down at the crown of this style fork, the truss rod tangs actually form a stylized W.
As in C “W” C.
So might I suggest that this style fork be called the “Flying W” instead of the “Flying V”?
Ok, Ok,!

Just an observation, and my gut feeling that the designer is probably rolling in his grave in frustration, because us Morons don’t even get it.

I realize that the classic bicycle lexicon is a hard habit to break, but when you look down at the crown of this style fork, the truss rod tangs actually form a stylized W.
As in C “W” C.
So might I suggest that this style fork be called the “Flying W” instead of the “Flying V”?
Ok, Ok,!

Just an observation, and my gut feeling that the designer is probably rolling in his grave in frustration, because us Morons don’t even get it.
GOD"S SPEED!! Razin.

Back