When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOLLIS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
juvela...no markings on the dropouts. And thanks again for the plethora of info on the bike. And I believe that the wheels are not original. Those should have had rims that had sew-ups on them.
You've pretty much have me wanting to keep it just because it is what it is, to small a frame or not for me!

fred

Here are the handlebars...

IMG_1156.JPG

-----

The machine's Stronglight model 99 chainset had just launched when cycle was constructed. We did not get them in North America until 1974. It was revised in 1977. Parts interchange fully between the "G1" and "G2" editions of this chainset.

Possible reason for absence of markings on fork ends could be that they were put in shallowly and polished out when fork was prepared for chrome plating.

-----

-----

Are these catalogue pages for the 1973 model year?

Interesting to note that the model 472 shown is wearing Universal Super 68 sidepull brakes rather than the MAFAC Competition centrepulls of your machine. It also displays a front centrepull hanger despite having sidepull brakes.

The text says it comes with a Campag Record saddle pillar yet your example has a plain steel pillar.

It is specified with Campag large flange Nuovo Tipo hubs and MAVIC Monthlery tubular rims.

The person typing/composing the text must have been of limited cycle knowledge as the model's headset is described as "STRONGLIGHT 99"

Thanks for the information. :grinning:

Regarding component variations - keep in mind that the 1973 date puts it right at the peak of "the boom" when bicycle manufacturers were finding it difficult to get enough fittings to complete their products. Component substitutions were common. Catalogues and brochures typically have a fine print disclaimer stating something to the effect of "Specifications subject to change without notice."

-----

Last edited:
IMG_1100.JPG
I'm not sure what year the pages are from. I pulled them from the website you sent me. Lol...the entire site was in French, but the pages from all the models were in English.

The attached photo shows where the owner had drilled into the brake levers in a sad attempt to reduce weight! (BTW, I bought the bike from someone at a garage sale who had found it many years ago abandoned in an apartment building where he used to live).

-----

thanks for the response fred :)

perchance someone thought the braking action not spongy enough :rolleyes:

interesting to see that they have a sclaverand valve adaptor fitted to the clamp bolt of the front mech...perhaps they wanted to be able to use the air at petrol stations...

-----

-----

thanks for this information! :smiley:

once lived in an apartment building which had a locked storage room for tenants where they could store their cycles.

if a tenant who had a machine in the storage room had died the person who came to clear out their belongings might not of known it was there. in such case it could have sat indefinitely.

-----

Back