When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For all the Cruiser 5 Lovers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Arjnmrskr213

Finally riding a big boys bike
Suspended
Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/xAahGuZFpsb

Was checking offer up, when I came across this. I don't know if his prices are spot on but he has 6 really nice Cruiser 5 with what looks like OG paint. They have some twisted lowrider crap parts like twisted fender braces but nothing that can't be switched back out

Idk since we're out in California if those prices would be correct. Or if they are completely krazie even for Cali. To be honest I never understood why the cruiser 5 and spitfires commanded more money than any middleweight from the 70s I would of thought they'd be worth less since they are newer

Idk since we're out in California if those prices would be correct. Or if they are completely krazie even for Cali. To be honest I never understood why the cruiser 5 and spitfires commanded more money than any middleweight from the 70s I would of thought they'd be worth less since they are newer
Cruiser 5's and Spitfires ride much better than the earlier stuff, add the 5 speed and cool drum brake and the Cruiser 5 is a great bike for a "late model".

I've had a pretty good Cruiser 5 on Craigslist for a couple months at $475.00 and have not had one call.

Last edited:
Well according to the Schwinn Catalogs and Dealer Spec books, they are Balloon Frame Bicycles, not Middleweights. They have S2 wheels, rear Atom drum brakes and are awesome riding bicycles. These are the last of the great U.S.A. Schwinn made 26", 24", 20" Balloon Frames.

aballon.jpg

Check out this item on OfferUp. https://offerup.co/xAahGuZFpsb

Was checking offer up, when I came across this. I don't know if his prices are spot on but he has 6 really nice Cruiser 5 with what looks like OG paint. They have some twisted lowrider crap parts like twisted fender braces but nothing that can't be switched back out

Value is all subjective! It is a nice collection of bikes, but I would never pay that price for one of them! But as I have stated many times before, the people out in California have more money than brains sometimes! He has them all listed separately also for $1000ea. The Copertone bike is a repaint, and there are condition issues with some of the others if you look at all of them in the individual listings.

Well according to the Schwinn Catalogs and Dealer Spec books, they are Balloon Frame Bicycles, not Middleweights. They have S2 wheels, rear Atom drum brakes and are awesome riding bicycles. These are the last of the great U.S.A. Schwinn made 26", 24", 20" Balloon Frames.

View attachment 1678332

Actually, some of the early 1980 modes still used the middleweight frames. One of the bikes in his lot has a middleweight frame.

Back