When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale 1939 Huffman Firestone Flying Ace

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
this bike is available to a good home. I'm asking $2500obo minus the propeller.
it's a 1939 Huffman made Firestone Flying Ace. they were made only one year, and are very rare. the tank is integrated into the frame of the bike. it's rough, but not terrible, and has a really nice look to it. I'm almost certain it's a repaint, I don't think these came in black, though it does look good this way. it has a bunch of aftermarket fork darts all over it. by the look of them, they've been on it for at least 60 years or more.
there are a very few things left to correct. first, the truss rods are not correct. they fit well and look good, but they are not Huffman.
second, these normally came with a drop stand. I'm not sure if any came with a kick stand, but this has a fairly typical Huffman type kick on it at present.
finally, the seat is very nearly correct, but I'm not certain if it is truly correct.
I got the bike in pieces, and had to add about half. I've done what I could to preserve it's cool near original look, and think I've succeeded pretty well. it rides great and looks amazing.

IMG_1878_zpsm7pffs6o.jpg

1939SSFirestonepg16_zps01aba680.jpg

ok, final offer, I've had a couple offers, though none have panned out yet.
I'm thinking about putting it on ebay, so one last offer for you guys, I'd pay ebay $250 in fees, if someone here wants it, I'll go $2250 and I'll pay shipping to the continental US.
you can't get better than that, try to find another one!

still willing to entertain offers, even part trades. you might be surprised at the offers I'd go for.
this is a great bike, if you're local I'll deliver it to the Coaster ride, or wherever within reason.

ok, so I did a poll, the general consensus was that this bike was worth somewhere between $1500 and $2000, which is where I would have taken offers. so let's be clear, I'll take offers, in this range. if this new information makes you realize this rare bike could be parked in your bike room, let me know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back