When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE - 1955 Chevy Nomad Wagon - 2nd owner Time Capsule factory ORIGINAL PAINT/INT. car

-
Price
$75,000.
Zipcode

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
Yes, it's true... I am selling my 2nd owner, barn find, survivor ORIGINAL FACTORY PAINT, interior and drivetrain '55 Nomad. It's time to go to a new owner. It's likely the best preserved, original paint example known. Wonderful provenance. Featured on Collector's Weekly, and garnered over a million views on BoingBoing.

Finished in Regal Turquoise with India Ivory top, this one has never been repainted, nor been apart. I couldn't believe it myself when I bought the car and had to fly to Spokane WA. to verify for myself.

Documented, and well optioned with factory V8, 2-speed powerglide, and rare factory Power Steering! Only 8386 Nomad sport wagons were produced in 1955 with a survival rate of 10-20% there are probably less than 2000 left in the world, and only one or two examples in this undisturbed condition.

Experts have called it the best, original paint example in existence. It's only original once! Let me repeat - this iconic sport wagon has FACTORY ORIGINAL PAINT applied at the factory in 1955, and has never been re-sprayed. The interior is near perfect, this car was stored away for 40 years and covered by the original owner so it's bright and not faded. It spent from 1974 to 2014 when I acquired it on blocks and covered by the first owner, an antique collector. He bought it for his wife as a grocery getter and after 20 years of light use, put it away. Original, factory paint, interior, V8 engine, drive train, even original spare tire. An absolute time capsule.

Just look at the headliner... not a tear or stain, and the visors? Immaculate. The original driver's door panel is so clean I'm afraid to put my hands on it to close the door. The turquoise vinyl that covers the rear deck and storage compartment is unreal... just gorgeous.

Many more photos available upon request.

Bone stock and original with very mild patina, only 87,000 original miles. Runs and drives well. Crazy rare factory power steering makes it a pleasure to drive.

If you've ever dreamed of owning an original, first year Nomad, this is your opportunity.

$75K or best offer.

PM for my number to call about this car. The car and myself are in So. Cal in the hills above the Rose Bowl in beautiful Altadena. Come see it to believe it.

Justin
Balloonatic O-O

BELAIR AT DUSK FRONT RESIZED.jpg

BELAIR AT DUSK RESIZED.jpg

001.jpg

INT (1).jpg

INT (2).jpg

INT (3).jpg

INT (4).jpg

INT (11).jpg

INT (12).jpg

INT (14).jpg

Last edited:
Im very particular when it comes to Tri-five chevys of all bodies types. For example, I would never modify or customize a Sport Couple, but a non original 210, Delray, 150 or whatever is fair game!
Only original once! Gorgeous Nomads guys!!

My god. My dear departed friend Wally would of given his "favorite child spawning tools" (his words) to be able to own this gorgeous car. He was in the process of restoring his when he passed a few years ago. I hope he is looking over my shoulder at these pictures.

Last edited:
Back