When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale Matching 1894 Boothroyd 28" Single tube tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Going, Going...

5 Days and 20 hours to go and we are at $860. That is what I am talking about!​

Any predictions on where it will stop?

Spiraling out of control, where it stops nobody knows.

Later

Last edited:
dig deep

You better dig deep into those pockets ,and get ready for super sniper,, allready they have exceded,all the CABE members expectations , my sniper is set for the battle, let the battle begin , oh no, we have 5 days of WONDER . Everyone is going to cycle school on this auction, thanks for keeping our hobby alive with knowledge,,wpb

5 Days and 20 hours to go and we are at $860. That is what I am talking about!​

Any predictions on where it will stop?

Spiraling out of control, where it stops nobody knows.

Later

Sure, I will predict they won't go for more than 2K...I wouldn't say that at 25% of asking is spiraling out of control.
However, I give you credit for sacking up and listing the auction without a reserve.
Chris

Kali Kolo,
Aside from my bad humor, you have an interesting set of tires there! It's amazing that they are still quite supple and have their shape yet.
They would be great display tires for that all original, unmolested museum guality bicycle from the 1890's. Usually these original tires are long gone, hard as rocks or flattened. Most are replaced at some point with a more recent Chain tread design, etc. The barn must have kept them cool and protected for over100 years! That bicycle must have been hung or stored on it's side most of it's life.

As to the storage, valid point. I will try to find out more. You got me thinking.

Later

testis & reserves

Sure, I will predict they won't go for more than 2K...I wouldn't say that at 25% of asking is spiraling out of control.
However, I give you credit for sacking up and listing the auction without a reserve.
Chris

Yes I was terrified when I listed them. Hence my "That is what I am talking about comment." BUT the end is not over. FeeBay wanted over $100 to put the reserve I wanted on them. I held my testi and prayed to the void. So far so good but we are still not even close to me mental reserve. Luckily the large pleasantly plump lady has not yet sang for us.

Later,

Last edited:
dates

1895-8 Sears Napoleon

So do you know how long the bicycle was used? What I am trying to get my mind around is IF the tires are original or maybe the first or second set. In doing so I can get better grasp of when they were made. These are obviously some stage between the Boothroyds and the chain treads. I am going to go way out on a limb and guess these are some track bicycle tires. TO ME they look like a light build made for weight and speed. OR this simply could be just another evolutionary stage in the development of tires.

Did you ever decipher the text on the side, before it is gone any further?

Later,

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back