When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold For Sale -Pierce Special Racer (Buffalo) SOLD pending payment

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

Trimacar

Look Ma, No Hands!
Pierce Special Racer for sale, $1500, located in Winchester Va. Prefer pickup, but will box for free and ship at buyer’s expense.

A number of years ago, I met Carl Burgwardt at the October Hershey, Pa. Car show and flea market.

I had no Pierce bicycle at that time, but loved and owned Pierce-Arrow cars, so asked him if he had a Pierce bicycle for sale. No, he said, but ask me next year. This went on for five or six years, me visiting with him and same answer, no Pierce.

One year walked up to his spot, he saw me and said “hold up, David, have something for you” and proceeded to roll out this Special Racer. He explained that it had belonged to a one-legged man who cut off the crank and raced it. He proceeded to tell me he had a picture in the museum of the man on crutches with this bike beside him. I begged him to sell me the picture, too, but he would not, so unless someone acquired the picture, it‘s just a story at this point.

Time to sell, downsizing, thanks for reading. This is a Buffalo bike, I think circa 1905-1910.

85E08FEC-1CE9-4E3C-BC3D-AAC85040E81A.jpeg

BB7B9015-9D96-488C-A80F-D37D45767F79.jpeg

4CAA67CF-3C8B-4D2D-8CA6-CB9B7DEFD20C.jpeg

4BC8128D-1C59-4D01-B585-392A6ED60EF7.jpeg

ECD77AC5-FF3F-4B9D-ACAA-C578A4E9C85C.jpeg

049C0FD3-4C52-4A88-87AD-4BE1A5D9030F.jpeg

Pierce Special Racer for sale, $1500, located in Winchester Va. Prefer pickup, but will box for free and ship at buyer’s expense.

A number of years ago, I met Carl Burgwardt at the October Hershey, Pa. Car show and flea market.

I had no Pierce bicycle at that time, but loved and owned Pierce-Arrow cars, so asked him if he had a Pierce bicycle for sale. No, he said, but ask me next year. This went on for five or six years, me visiting with him and same answer, no Pierce.

One year walked up to his spot, he saw me and said “hold up, David, have something for you” and proceeded to roll out this Special Racer. He explained that it had belonged to a one-legged man who cut off the crank and raced it. He proceeded to tell me he had a picture in the museum of the man on crutches with this bike beside him. I begged him to sell me the picture, too, but he would not, so unless someone acquired the picture, it‘s just a story at this point.

Time to sell, downsizing, thanks for reading. This is a Buffalo bike, I think circa 1905-1910.

View attachment 1713445

View attachment 1713446

View attachment 1713447

View attachment 1713448

View attachment 1713449

View attachment 1713450
My phone is 7168009721 Richard 1500 I will pay

Back