When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale: Wartime Roadmaster Lightweight

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bud poe

I live for the CABE
Up for your consideration is an early-mid 40's Roadmaster Lightwieght bicycle in original paint. This is the only one of these I've ever seen, not saying it's super rare but only that in all my browsing and swap-meeting, I've never seen another. It has the "black-out" ND hubs, sprocket and bars. Bummer that the previous owner started to restore, but only re-painted the front fender. He said that the OG paint is underneath, but I never investigated myself. Still shows beautiful pinstriping and paint details. OG tires, proper rack, jewel is slightly cracked. Comes with original Torrington pedals, plastic(?) chain-guard as well as a correct aftermarket wald chrome one, and original kickstand. Please PM or email with interst @ [email protected]...$350.00 plus shipping, paypal or cash if local...
Thanks!
IMG_5105-1.jpg

IMG_5106-1.jpg

IMG_5107-1.jpg

IMG_5108-1.jpg

IMG_5109-1.jpg

IMG_5111-1.jpg

IMG_5112-1.jpg

Last edited:
Watching.:)

Thanks dude! I'm not holding my breath for the big bucks on this one, I just have the feeling no one values these things the way we do...I almost hope it doesn't sell but I need the cash...At least I know there's another one out there!

I really like the way mine rides. It's heavy but it's got good geometry. Actually, I had a fat Roadmaster from the same era that was 10 pounds heavier.
The striping and the overall color look better on these in person than in pictures.
A weekend's worth of cleaning gave me this;
IMG_7499-1.jpg

I guess I'm a patina fan, but this hits the spot for me.

Last edited:
Oh great, as soon as I claim "rare", another one pops up! Yours looks great with those white tires, I wish the previous owner of mine hadn't painted the front fender, those things are sweet! Please show a full side view of your bike...

Here's how it came to me;
IMG_7132-1.jpg

Here's how I've got it set up at the moment. I've got all the original pieces carefully stashed in the basement so I can make it how it's supposed to be for the next guy. I'm still lacking the 26x1.375 tires and a skip tooth chain.
IMG_7495-1.jpg

I've been watching pretty closely for the year since i found this one and the only thing that comes close to yours and mine was an incorrectly restored one in Wisconsin this winter. So I think we can still call these rare. Sorry, I guess I should have waited till you sold yours to show mine around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back