When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the 'book smart' or literate among you, here is 1941 Schwinn that is....well.........Red.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hey, it’s only original once.View attachment 1259703
If it’s been redone, it might look better to some people, but it’s no longer original.
@cyclingday Dude, really???? How you gonna come on here and disrespect Bob U @bobcycles with that ridiculous post trying to compare B Jenner to the beautiful work Bob did on this bike? You don't like the bike he restored, fine...then don't look at it and just walk on by...no need to post the disrespect and no need to post pics of your "real" bikes. I'd take a Bob U resto (or as u put it "fake") over any of your "real" bikes any day.

Last edited:
Well, I can tell you’re a moron, that totally lacks any sense of humor, and that you didn’t even read the whole thread, because if you had, you would’ve seen the praise I gave for Bobs fabulous work on this bike.
Lighten up, Francis!

Last edited:
Three mid 30’s Schwinn Aerocycles.
Two are real, one is a fake.
Which one do you think is the fake bike?
The one that’s been redone of course.
View attachment 1259742
If it’s original, it’s unquestionable.
If it’s been redone, then where did all the parts come from?
That isn’t to say, that they aren’t all fabulous bikes, it just begs the question as to what parts were fabricated to complete such a rare bike?
I vote the orange one Fake

"Fake one?" Trick questions are great because you really just don't know. Unless pouring over them in person. Even then, you could only answer that with authority if you came upon one in a hayloft or attic.
Edit....defining the words fake or original is key here and if not creates the conundrum and disagreement it seems.
I think all would agree this bike is a stunning looker in that Red. Knowing it has real deal parts done by someone who vets them makes it that much better in restored condition.

Last edited:
I know very little about old bikes, all I can do is appreciate them. To me the bike is gorgeous. My only thought is maybe it would be a good idea to have lots of pictures to go with it: before, during and after for documentation. Pictures, maybe receipts, hours spent, etc.
I wouldn't want to ride a bike that nice after all that work.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I know very little about old bikes, all I can do is appreciate them. To me the bike is gorgeous. My only thought is maybe it would be a good idea to have lots of pictures to go with it: before, during and after for documentation. Pictures, maybe receipts, hours spent, etc.
I wouldn't want to ride a bike that nice after all that work.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Someone who is capable of doing that level of restoration, detail, and finish usually doesn't really want to know how many hours! You have to love it! It is something to be proud of if done correctly as this bike is.

Three mid 30’s Schwinn Aerocycles.
Two are real, one is a fake.
Which one do you think is the fake bike?
The one that’s been redone of course.
View attachment 1259742
If it’s original, it’s unquestionable.
If it’s been redone, then where did all the parts come from?
That isn’t to say, that they aren’t all fabulous bikes, it just begs the question as to what parts were fabricated to complete such a rare bike?
It doesn't qualify; as, it doesn't have a bell.

Incredibly restored bike! I like me some Admiral!

Back