When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the 'book smart' or literate among you, here is 1941 Schwinn that is....well.........Red.

-
fake also applies to "faux" bikes.... maybe the most egregious offenders... Weeee!! gonna "FOOL" people!!!

fake also applies to "faux" bikes.... maybe the most egregious offenders... Weeee!! gonna "FOOL" people!!!

Bob,
The Faux patina bikes aren’t trying to fool anyone.
Many people do not want a brand new looking freshly restored “like new” bike and rather have a faux patina bike with chipped and lightly oxidized paint.
Dave K, Tim B and few others will continue to do their faux patina magic.

Bob,
The Faux patina bikes aren’t trying to fool anyone.
Many people do not want a brand new looking freshly restored “like new” bike and rather have a faux patina bike with chipped and lightly oxidized paint.
Dave K, Tim B and few others will continue to do their faux patina magic.

.....matter of taste purely...I'm not handing down some lofty edict.
I would make exceptions like adding a missing part to a bike and 'faux' some paint to match... or even
touching up existing paint in weak spots.... I just think a complete faux job
can end up biting someone in the @ss down the road ...
again, as these bikes change hands, lines get blurred and stories change etc.
again...just my opinion on the matter.... and a matter of taste with some
forethought added in...

I wish everyone we encountered was a 'full disclosure' sort of soul....I would hope most of us are...
but there are always exceptions.

You also can't predetermine anyones intent as an owner of a faux finish bike... as far as
fooling or not...? right?

I wonder how many guys go in the garage and dress there bikes before they ride them?

I ve owned alot of bikes both restored and originsl. I ve had a couple girls friends in my day also, I undress them to ride them but i take take them to Tiffanys, Channel and Neiman Marcus before i show them. Most of the old ones a oxalic acid bath wont do much for, however like a rare headlite if i send her to Dr. Z and I bring her to the show most of you clowns are drooling while your talking poop about me most generally because only in your dreams would u be man enough to handle a good restore..... every four or five years if your rough you send her back in for some touch up ...... you go right ahead and whip out your big bucks for that rusty crusty saggy cracked tire gf ....... I be inside riding my muli color rebuild and untouched version ...... so when you stop collecting accessories parts and passing them off as something 75 years ago was original then you have the right to bang on the good Dr Z’s like Bob u ted lusher and dave stromberger who have made quite a contribution to the hankerchiefs full of slobber you carry in your useless front pockets next to the marble sized ping pong balls while your dolling out big bucks to go home and play Barbie in the garage with your knuckle guards on your 38 speedline. Let alone the blessing you have of calling John atkinson or Dan venturi to order tires so u can ride one of those half a—sed originals in your monthly show and not tell parade or beg him to make fender braces for your 36 commander thats been touched up thinking you be getting the same attention my swimsuit model is.

I think that the guys who have made it so you can own anything that turns your fancy whether fiberglass silicone or hand pounded medal get a personal apology nextvtime you call them ..... hey jafco i see u in 3 weeks never really been to your shop in 30 years of knowing you but i am really looking forward to it......

I wonder how many guys go in the garage and dress there bikes before they ride them?

I ve owned alot of bikes both restored and originsl. I ve had a couple girls friends in my day also, I undress them to ride them but i take take them to Tiffanys, Channel and Neiman Marcus before i show them. Most of the old ones a oxalic acid bath wont do much for, however like a rare headlite if i send her to Dr. Z and I bring her to the show most of you clowns are drooling while your talking poopoo doodoo about me most generally because only in your dreams would u be man enough to handle a good restore..... every four or five years if your rough you send her back in for some touch up ...... you go right ahead and whip out your big bucks for that rusty crusty saggy cracked tire gf ....... I be inside riding my muli color rebuild and untouched version ...... so when you stop collecting accessories parts and passing them off as something 75 years ago was original then you have the right to bang on the good Dr Z’s like Bob u ted lusher and dave stromberger who have made quite a contribution to the hankerchiefs full of slobber you carry in your useless front pockets next to the marble sized ping pong balls while your dolling out big bucks to go home and play Barbie in the garage with your knuckle guards on your 38 speedline. Let alone the blessing you have of calling John atkinson or Dan venturi to order tires so u can ride one of those half a—sed originals in your monthly show and not tell parade or beg him to make fender braces for your 36 commander thats been touched up thinking you be getting the same attention my swimsuit model is.

I think that the guys who have made it so you can own anything that turns your fancy whether fiberglass silicone or hand pounded medal get a personal apology nextvtime you call them ..... hey jafco i see u in 3 weeks never really been to your shop in 30 years of knowing you but i am really looking forward to it......

Back