When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR THE RALEIGH GUY WITH A BIT OF EXTRA SPACE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks kinda like a paper weight.

1613708660129.png

I love Raleigh stuff, but that thing... nah. Maybe nice if you have your own vintage bike shop or a store where you have odd stuff, but I'm not feeling that one. My wife would have that going to the curb the first day I'm at work after bringing it in.

I used to work at a Raleigh Pro Shop in the 1970s and the store had one to size up customers. A motor raises and lowers the seat and bars. The switch is under the front of the stem. You can see that in the photo. 3 position: up, off, down. There is a ruler on the side that reads in frame sizes. It came with a set of dropped bars and narrow seat. And a large adjustable t-square so once you had a customer set up on this sizer, you could transfer the measurements (seat height and seat to bars distance) to a bike they bought. We could write down the measurements on an order form and the mechanic could adjust the bike to match so it was ready at pickup time. It was a useful sales tool. The pedals turn and have minimal resistance (under 2 watts). On cold winter days I'd sit on it and pedal to keep warm. Or sit on the radiator in the store and watch traffic. Usually when biz was very slow and the boss was away.

Back