When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For you prewar Schwinn and DX gurus...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tylerw

Finally riding a big boys bike
I recently got this frame I believe to be a DX for my lady. Serial number comes back as a 1941.
A75540C2-E927-42F9-8A18-74E14D315637.jpeg

I want to build it up as a fairly correct bike. I was just mocking things up and had a postwar set of women’s fenders I thought I’d throw on just for fit. Front fit great. Rear, not so much. As the following pictures show, its too wide and definitely too long in the front.
A69296C4-0176-461C-91A4-17217241D3CF.jpeg

B24C0397-F42E-4569-A1D9-8945E88CE400.jpeg

I’ll assume that the rear fender is different in a prewar vs. a postwar bike? If so, does anyone have a decent or nice set of prewar maroon fenders and a prewar chain guard? Maybe even a prewar maroon women’s springer??? Thanks in advance for any information or leads.

Prewar has the drop out with the adjusting screws. Post war is fish hook shaped. Your bike is a 1941, the first year for that paint scheme.

Your right, the rear fenders are different between postwar and prewar. The first 1946 models are also that way.

Prewar has the drop out with the adjusting screws. Post war is fish hook shaped. Your bike is a 1941, the first year for that paint scheme.

Your right, the rear fenders are different between postwar and prewar. The first 1946 models are also that way.

Thanks! I figured as much. Men’s and women’s had different fenders or just women’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prewar DX fenders are slimmer than the post war ones you are trying to install on both the men's and women's bikes.

Actually most 40 DX models have that paint scheme as well. Just the early production bikes for 40 seem to have the points.

The prewar DX fenders are slimmer than the post war ones you are trying to install on both the men's and women's bikes.

The 41 DX fenders are bigger, similar to postwar width/depth.

I recently got this frame I believe to be a DX for my lady. Serial number comes back as a 1941.

The 6” head tube and 2 small cross tubes is the easy way to distinguish it as a 41 girls model.

Actually most 40 DX models have that paint scheme as well. Just the early production bikes for 40 seem to have the points.

The 41 DX fenders are bigger, similar to postwar width/depth.

The 6” head tube and 2 small cross tubes is the easy way to distinguish it as a 41 girls model.
Thanks for the tips

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Back