When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forebrake on bladed fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ADReese

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Is there a specific band/clamp made to use a drum brake on a postwar blade fork? I have seen thick, rounded ones for springers. Can I get away with something similar to the coaster brake band in the rear?

20180329_103635.jpg

I don't know if they made one for a bladed fork, but I fattened one of the round ones for my Dx.

Thats what Im leaning towards. Did it crack? It doesn't seem very malleable. The one I have is thick.

They did make a another clamp and someone here posted a picture of it and I believe a part number not to long ago.

Thought I could find it in the 1962 parts catalog but I don't see it mentioned specifically. Possibly # 4778?

62parts27b.jpg

Last edited:
Thats what Im leaning towards. Did it crack? It doesn't seem very malleable. The one I have is thick.
It didn't crack on me. I don't remember if I heated or not. It's been a while. Barry

I tried to find a photo, but can't find one.

They did make a another clamp and someone here posted a picture of it and I believe a part number not to long ago.

Thought I could find it in the 1962 parts catalog but I don't see it mentioned specifically. Possibly # 4778?

View attachment 779296
I agree with you about 4778. I don't think they would have the one specifying for a tubular spring fork otherwise. Barry

I'd sure love to see a photo of a flat one. LOL

Awesome guys! Thanks for the ideas and info. Looks like I'll need to be a little creative.

Back